Just got the Python remote step-through debugger working on RPi.
You can compile Haxe to Python your laptop, automatically deploy it to the RPi and then start a remote Python debug session on the device with one button.
Check out this article for the python debugger part of things:
Add an hxml file to your project called compile.hxml, in the project root:
Change the details in there to match your project.
Then add a pre-launch tool to compile the Haxe code:
- Run > Edit Configurations
- Select your run configuration on left
- Add a ‘Before launch’ task > “Run External Tool”
- Add a new Tool
- Locate the Haxe compiler in the Program field
- Add these parameters (inc. -debug to include hx source back-references):
- Set working directory to ‘$ProjectFileDir$’
Note, this Tool configuration can be reused across projects, as long as they have the compile.hxml file.
- JetBrains Haxe plugin doesn’t work well with PyCharm (ended up using FD for coding).
- Would be awesome to get the hx source back-references integrated into the debugger so that you’re debugging Haxe not Python code.